Rangraas Holi Photo Tour
03 Days, 02 Nights
The most celebrated Lathmar Holi is in the Braj regions. People from all corners of the world gather at Mathura-Vrindavan to celebrate the festival of colours, Holi, in the birthplace of Lord Krishna. Approximate driving distance between Barsana and Nandgaon Mathura is 9 kms or 5.6 miles or 4.9 nautical miles. Particularly spectacular celebration occurs at the two small villages of nandgaon and Barsana, the birthplace of Radha, a village, 42 kms away from Vrindavan. Here, men from Nandgaon, the land of Krishna come to play Holi with the female folk of Barsana and while struggling to raise their flag over Shri Radhikaji’s temple. But, instead of colours they are greeted with sticks by the gopis. Hence, this Holi gets its name – Lathmaar Holi. Smart enough, men come fully armoured as they are fully aware of the welcome that awaits them and also the fact that they are not allowed to retaliate. In this battle of wits, they try their best not to be captured. The unlucky one’s however, are forcefully led away and get a good thrashing from the women. All in the spirit of Holi.
The next day, the men from Barsana, reciprocate by invading Nandgaon and color the womenfolk of Nandgaon, with naturally occurring orange-red dye and palash. The women of Nandgaon avenges their men by beating the invaders from Barsana.
As the birthplace of Lord Krishna and one of seven Hindu holy cities, the people of Mathura and Vrindavan celebrate Holi for over a week. Each major Krishna temple celebrates Holi on a different day. Especially noteworthy celebrations take place at the Bankey-Bihari Temple, where priests lead the celebrations by drenching participants in Holi Colours and water.
- The tour spans across the three days of unique experience of capturing the emotions and colors of local people.
- All our tour groups are supplemented by a field experienced photo mentor, with years of knowledge on the lay of the land and the event.
- Accommodation and meals are specifically arranged to enhance your experience of the fair.
- Access to people, places and moments you’d never otherwise able to experience
|TOUR DATES||15 – 17 March 2019 (2 Nights)|
|TOUR COST||INR 14,800 per person on twin sharing accommodation and extra INR 5,000 for single supplement
USD 250 per person twin sharing and Single supplement extra USD 100 – Excluding Taxes(International)
|DURATION||03 days-02 nights|
|DESTINATIONS||Barsana, Nandgaon and Vrindavan|
We will start early morning around 6 a.m. from Delhi and after a drive of around 4 hours we will reach BARSANA. After the brief session on camera settings and camera protection from colors and water, we move on to the streets of Barsana. Moving through the flood of people gathered there, we reach the Radhikaji’s temple to cover the celebration. Later we move to the place where the famous event of Lathmar Holi is to take place.
Depart around 6:30 pm and after a hearty dinner we stay overnight in vrindavan.
After breakfast we depart for Nandgaon around 8 a.m. After an hour of drive we reach the twin village to cover the second part of yesterday’s celebration. The village is situated on a hill so expect a lot of uphill and downhill walking. We move to the hilltop temple and capture the initialization of the celebration capturing stunning pictures of colourful locals playing holi and taking processions in the village. In the evening we move to the opening where people are gathering up to watch the story of Lathmar holi unfold.
Depart around 6:30 pm from Nandgaon
The place has a long standing popularity as a holi hindu city. We capture pictures of Holi celebrations at Bankey Bihari Temple, where the crowd awaits to view the idol of baby Krishna. The Priests later drench the devotees with Gulal and colored water.
After having lunch we will depart for Delhi from Vrindavan.
TOUR ENDS HERE…
Terms & Regulations
Terms and regulations:
- Booking confirmed upon payment of INR 5000 Advance
- Tour subject to maximum of 08 participants.
- Balance amount is to be paid a week before the tour commences.
- 50% of the BOOKING AMOUNT is non-refundable.
- Complete amount (excluding 50% of the booking amount) will be refunded on cancellation 30/days before the commencement of tour.
- 50% of the paid amount will be refunded if cancelled 15/days before the commencement of tour.
- There will be no refund if cancelled 48 hrs before the commencement of tour.
- Pre-trip advice and briefing
- Travel to/from Delhi
- Complete travel in and around as per itinerary.
- Accommodation for 2 nights based on twin sharing (single supplement extra)
- Meals included for breakfast and dinner.
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, beverages, gifts, calls, laundry, hot showers, snacks, battery charging etc.
- any other personal expenses planned or otherwise.
- Entry tickets and fees for temples.
Cost: INR 14,800/-
- (Indian Passport Holders)
(INR 5000, if single supplement accomodation is required)
- (Domestic transaction) – All, excluding Lunch
Cost: USD 250/-
- (International Passport)
(USD 100, if single supplement accomodation is required)
- (International transaction) – All, excluding Lunch.
NOTE: For international transaction mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, for details of payment via Paypal