Pushkar Camel Fair Photo Tour
04 Days, 03 Nights
In the small town of Pushkar, each year in the month of Kartik(october-november), during Kartik Purnima, the sand dunes appear infested with camels and horses. The inflow of visitors to Pushkar swells to over hundreds of thousands, along with pilgrims, camel traders and Horse traders. A gala on an epic scale, with more than 10,000 camels and horses.
The Fair or Mela starts around 2 weeks prior to Kartik Purnima. When Groups of camel herders, horses and traders begin to pour in, from other desert cities, towns and villages, and set up camp in the dunes around Pushkar. For the first time visitors coming here, the experience is a massive collage of moments and an oppertunity to capture the soul of the entire desert state of Rajasthan in one place. This Pushkar Fair or Mela is one of the most colourful gathering of people and livestock on this planet, it attracts large numbers of international and Indian tourists every year.
- The tour spans across the four days of unique experience of capturing the desert fair with hoards of cattle and people.
- All our tour groups are supplemented by a field experienced photo mentor, with years of knowledge on the lay of the land and the event.
- Accommodation and meals are specifically arranged to enhance your experience of the fair.
- Access to people, places and moments you’d never otherwise see
|TOUR DATES||16-19th November 2018|
|TOUR COST||INR 15,800 per person twin sharing (Single supplement extra @INR 4500)|
|DURATION||04 days-03 nights|
|DESTINATIONS||The Town of Pushkar|
Day -1 (16th November, 2018)
Arrival at the Ajmer railway station from where we take a taxi to the town of Pushkar , first day is for understanding individual interests, group discussions and later in the evening we all in a group explore the different areas of Pushkar fair.
Day -2 (17th November, 2018)
Early morning, wake up around 5.30am, leave for the fair to capture the ambience of the first light of dawn. Return to the Hotel for Breakfast. We move to the dunes again to witness and experience the numerous rural camel and cattle owners flock Pushkar for horse dealing, pilgrimage, livestock trading and a distinctive spiritual experience. The fair ground is visibly filled with musicians, folk dancers, herders, nomads, farmers, comedians, devotees, saints, acrobats and tourists.
Review of the day’s experience at the dinner table.
Day -3 (18th November, 2018)
Another round of early morning walk around the dunes and interact with some of the camel owners. Today we shadow the camel herders who take their camels and move deeper into the desert for feed and return. This occurrence is a big attraction among documentary videographers and professional photographers. In the afternoon, after lunch, we move out and capture the uniquely dressed people of the Kalbeliya tribe, These people are the snake charmers of Rajasthan and are well known across the globe for their dance, dress up and nomadic culture.
Review of the day’s experience at the dinner table and retreat to the hotel.
Day -4 (19th November, 2018)
Today we move out early and capture all that we have already missed in the last three days. Apart from shopping of Rajasthan specialities we can also enjoy the acrobatics, horse races etc. at the fairground for the rest of the morning.
Around 12 O’clock in the afternoon we meet at the hotel review our work and start packing for the return journey.
Depart for Ajmer by 02:00 PM for our Train to Delhi.
Terms & Regulations
Terms and regulations:
- Booking confirmed upon payment of INR 5000 Advance
- Tour subject to maximum of 08 participants.
- Balance amount is to be paid a week before the tour commences.
- 50% of the BOOKING AMOUNT is non-refundable.
- Complete amount (excluding 50% of the booking amount) will be refunded on cancellation 30/days before the commencement of tour.
- 50% of the paid amount will be refunded if cancelled 15/days before the commencement of tour.
- There will be no refund if cancelled 48 hrs before the commencement of tour.
- Pre-trip advice and briefing
- Complete travel in and around Pushkar, as per itinerary.
- Accommodation for 3 nights based on twin sharing (single supplement extra)
- Meals included for breakfast and dinner.
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, beverages, gifts, calls, laundry, hot showers, snacks, battery charging etc.
- Travel to/from Pushkar
- any other personal expenses planned or otherwise.
- Entry tickets and fees for temples.
Cost: INR 15,800/-
- (Indian Passport Holders)
(INR 4500, if single supplement accomodation is required)
- (Domestic transaction) – All, excluding Lunch
Cost: USD 250/-
- (International Passport)
(USD 80, if single supplement accomodation is required)
- (International transaction) – All, excluding Lunch.
NOTE: For international transaction mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, for details of payment via Paypal